Thursday 6 June 2013

Love from Lou Lou

My friend and fellow blogger Louise (Love From Lou Lou) and I went out and about in Edinburgh today, and managed to get some lovely shots of various outfits we'd been yearning to try out.

I'm wearing: Topshop crop sweater, Topshop floral dress, Topshop leather bag (the link is to the current season one, which has a lion embossed on it, mine has a deer and was £5 in the sale, yay!), Deena & Ozzy shoes.
I went a little crazy and bought these shoes on Tuesday, which are way over my budget, but they are just so unique and unlike anything I have in my wardrobe; I really think they pull together every outfit. They're also extremely comfortable because all of the buckles are fully functional and so can be fitted perfectly to the shape of your foot. I bought the sweater while I was modelling in London.
For more detail of Louise's beautiful ensembles, check out her blog!












































Edinburgh is such an amazing city for taking style shots as there are so many contrasting areas; beautiful gardens are planted in the middle of the hustle and bustle of both the Old and New Towns. The little closes and alleyways in the Old Town are perfect for grungier/edgier shots.

Whilst we were roaming around we also got asked by the team at STV if we would be filmed for their short fashion film 'Get The Look', which was very exciting, but also a little nerve-wracking! They were all so friendly however and really made both of us feel at ease. I even managed to ask for tips on approaching people to be photographed for street style blogging, something which I'm extremely interested in pursuing in the future.


















The show should be aired around July and September in ad breaks at peak times, and Louise and I should also be sent a copy of the footage, which is very kind, so I'll hopefully be able to upload it here too!

Finally - I reached 500 views yesterday, which seems pretty crazy! Thank you all who continue to read my little blog!

Emily x

4 comments:

  1. I love this photo of you - if I do say so myself! Can't wait to see more. It was such a fun day :) Well done on reaching 500 hits sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I love the ones we got of you too, you look like you should be in vogue! I'll send the others of you over tomorrow :) thank you! Hopefully hit 1000 by next week! Xx

      Delete
  2. love both your outfits.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Love your blog, found you on bloglovin x

      Delete